THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. SIGN UP HERE FOR NEWS ABOUT CONTEST WINNERS.
- Suggested topics can include but are not limited to: People of the Bazaar; Locations within the Bazaar – the Naaz movie theatre or notable shops, restaurants, stalls, sidewalk vendors and other favourite spots; the culture of the Bazaar – events, traditions, rituals and practices representative of Gerrard India Bazaar culture.
- Photographs must have been taken between January 1, 1975 to present day.
- All submitted works must be original and unlicensed works.
- Photographs must be submitted in JPEG or TIFF format.
- Filesize should be 1024 x 768 pixels for landscape, or 768 x 1024 pixels for verticals with a maximum file size of 4 MB each.
- An original or uncompressed file may be requested for contest finalists or winners.
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada are eligible to enter.
- Unfortunately the contest is not open to residents of the Province of Quebec.
- A PDF of the signed “Entry Form” is submitted. For any participant who has not reached the age of majority in his/her province or country of residence, parental or guardian consent is necessary to enter the Contest. In such case an entry will require completion of the parental or guardian consent section of the Entry Form.
- Employees of Village of Dreams Productions Inc., The Ontario Educational Communications Authority (“TVO”), and their respective families are not eligible.
- All works that have been publicly published and/or broadcast are considered not eligible for the competition.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Photographs can only be submitted online via our submission portal.
- Participants must download and fill out the official Entry form.
All submissions must:
- Be accompanied by the official Entry Form with parental/guardian permission, if applicable.
- Participants may submit a maximum of five separate photographs. However only one prize is available for the contest as a whole.
- For each photograph entered, participants must complete a separate official entry form.
- The name of the participant must not appear anywhere on the photograph itself to ensure the objectivity of the jury (the participant’s name does appear on the submission form).
- All submissions are final: no changes or substitutions are allowed
- Inappropriate subject matter – offensive materials will not be accepted.
- Photographs not submitted to the correct online location.
- Photographs not submitted in the correct format.
- Photographs submitted without the mandatory submission form or missing mandatory information.
- Participants must have all rights to submit the photograph. In particular participant must be or have the authorization of the photographer, as well as all individuals who appear in the photograph (see RIGHTS and HOLD HARMLESS in Competition Rules).
- Competition opens: October 30, 2016
- Deadline: The deadline has been extended to April 30, 2017 at 5:00 pm (EDT).
- Online submission: all works must be submitted on or before 5:00 PM (ET) on the day of the deadline.
- Participants must verify the exact deadlines on the villageofdreams.ca website. Please note that Village of Dreams Productions Inc. is permitted to modify these deadlines at any time.
- Winners will be announced approximately 3 months after the deadline for the competition.